Welcome Message from President of TACT
Since TACT was established in December 1998, we are happy to celebrate her 17th birthday this year. This association has organized four international conferences so far, including Asia CVD 2005, TACT 2009, TACT 2011, and TACT 2013. TACT 2015 will be the fifth one. This TACT 2015 will be held from November 15 to 18, 2015 at National Cheng Kung University in Tainan, Taiwan.
As a continuity from 2009, 2011, and 2013. TACT 2015 is the fourth one in the row as the important biennial events for knowledge exchange and interactive platform for researchers and engineers from academia and industry. The TACT 2015 will cover a wide spectrum of aspects related to thin film and coating technologies for sustainable energy, semiconductor, optoelectronic, tribological, organic, biological, protective, and functional coatings.
The TACT 2015 features seven important symposia, namely
A. Coatings for sustainable energy (CSE)
B. Nanostructured and nanocomposite coatings (NNC)
C. Semiconductor and optoelectronic films(SOF)
D. Tribological and protective coatings (TPC)
E. Organic and biological coatings (OBC)
F. Metallic coatings (MC)
G. General subjects related to thin films and coatings (GS)
A group of internationally well-known scholars will be invited to deliver plenary and keynote speech in TACT 2015, as the following list.
1. Prof. Joseph E. Greene, University of Illinois, USA
2. Prof. Ivan Petrov, University of Illinois, USA, Linköping University, Sweden
3. Prof. Masaru Hori, Nagoya University, Japan.
4. Prof. Jeon Geon Han, Sungkyunkwan University, Korea.
5. Prof. Jorg Patscheider, EMPA, Switzerland.
6. Prof. Paul Mayrhofer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria.
7. Prof. Jindrich Musil, University of West Bohemia, Czech Republic.
8. Prof. Claus Rebholz, University of Cyprus, Cyprus.
9. Prof. Samir Aouadi, University of North Texas, USA.
10. Prof. Jochen Schneider, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
It is expected that there will be more than 700 abstract submissions for invited and contributed oral as well as poster presentations from domestic and abroad. The TACT2015 special issues will be published in prestigious journals of Surface and Coatings Technology (SCT) and Thin Solid Films (TSF)
It is our pleasure to announce the TACT 2015. We would like to cordially invite you to TACT2015. Tainan is the old capital of Taiwan and full of cultural merits. Hope to see you in Nov. 2015.
Jenq-Gong Duh, Ph.D.
President of TACT (Taiwan Association for Coatings and Thin Films Technology)